Exciting things are afoot for Catherine Hall Studios! Look out for the latest news and announcements on Catherine’s editorial work, events, awards, causes, partners and more.
From The Studio
The new iOS7 version of Top Model Release (TMR) is now in the App Store. Today only, TMR will be offered at a special price of $4.99 (normally $8.99)! Download today in the iTunes App Store!
We have some very exciting news to share, we are in the process of collaborating with Flosites to create a brand spanking’ new website and blog! Sorry we haven’t been posting, the process has been a long time coming, but is in the final stages of production with a debut date later this summer. In the meantime, we will be devoting our attention towards development and greatly appreciate your patience!
So what can you look forward to in the new blog?
- Large beautiful photos and video
- Sleek interactive design
- Fresh content
Are you a new photographer just starting your business? Are you a seasoned veteran looking to stay current with techniques and technology? Need new friends and contacts? Then Skip’s Summer School is the place for you! This year’s schedule is expanded and better than ever. There are 7 interactive programs to select from, or if you prefer a 2 day film-making class. Class sizes are limited to 20 students to ensure a quality learning experience.
In addition to the smaller classes, there are 3 evening sessions open for all attendees:
- Skip Cohen and Melissa Ghionis talk about the sometimes forgotten skill of great Customer Service. The easiest way to solve problems is to avoid them in the first place.
- Monday evening I’ll be showing how to develop a marketing plan to meet your business goals. Photography isn’t like Field of Dreams, you can’t just set up shop and expect the masses to show up to hire you.
- Are you looking for information and tips on getting your photos published? There’s a session for that too! Resource Magazine will be on hand to relate what publishers are looking for.
- Bob and Dawn Davis, Kevin and Clare Kubota and Vicki and Jed Taufer talk about a new trend – working with your spouse. These three couples have learned how to make it work, both personally and professionally.
- Sal Cincotta wraps up with the closing program discussing the importance of remembering that your photography is a business too.
Check out the great video from last year’s School and Scott’s website for more information and registration.
I hope to see you there!
The past year has been a time of unprecedented growth and achievement at Catherine Hall Studios. From the weekly production of TWiT Photo –which, within just a few months, was named one of the top tech podcasts on iTunes–to an explosion of top-tier industry events and more-than-ever-before publications, to the debut of our groundbreaking iPhone app, Top Model Release. I’m both humbled and overwhelmed by the staggering successes that my extraordinary team and I are working tirelessly to achieve. And we’ve only just begun!
It is my great honor to announce two high-level positions that need to be filled to accommodate, cultivate, and expand upon the sweeping roster of projects at Catherine Hall Studios. Today marks the launch of my active search to find the best-qualified individuals to assume the roles of my CHS Sales and Account Manager and Online Marketing Specialist & Web Content Developer. I am genuinely seeking the crème de la crème to join my team, and am thus enlisting my trusted community of peers, colleagues, industry leaders, and followers to help direct the best-possible candidates my way. Do you know a deeply passionate individual who is a consummate professional, exceptionally motivated self-starter, devoted team player, rigorous intellectual, highly detail-oriented worker in an incredibly fast-paced environment, and can demonstrate measurable, results-driven achievement through previous job experience? It might sound like a tall order, but I’m seeking the absolute-best recruits to join me and the others in Catherine Hall Studios’ fun, creative, compassionate, driven team of leaders. And, if you refer me to the amazing person who I decide to hire, I’d like to offer you a show of thanks with a $250 cash reward as an expression of my gratitude!
Please click on the following links to consult the criteria that define my ideal candidates for Catherine Hall Studios’ next CHS Sales and Account Manager and CHS Online Marketing Specialist. Please send referrals to email@example.com. Thank you so much for your help!!