Exquisite succulents, flowing white tulle and organza, gorgeous accents and wonderful hues. Every Thursday, experience unique wedding days through Catherine’s stunning real wedding photographs, love stories and inspiration boards.
Top Ten Reasons Why Alyssa’s and Brett’s Wedding Was Perfect
1) Sleek, glamorous uptown Manhattanites convening in the quaint, wine-country town of Yountville, CA (where there’s not even a gas station).
2) The bride Alyssa’s stunning “Eleanor” Fall 2010 Vera Wang wedding gown: “Strapless drop-waist full A-line gown with feathered tulle flower embroidery, and re-embroidered buttons on back bodice.”
3) Despite being super-hip New Yorkers, the guests defied stereotypes with their warmth and generosity.
4) The groom Brett and his three, almost-grown-up sons were open and loving with one another. It’s obvious that this father treasures his family, and even more obvious that his sons admire and adore Brett.
5) Legs, legs, legs. I joked with Alyssa that a requisite for being on their guest list must have been, well, being gorgeous. (My boyfriend Ryan attended the wedding with me and was delighted by the attractive, toned company–I had to play-punch him in the arm a few times.)
6) All-around accomplished bride who is an every-angle amazing human being. I mean, it’s not just any woman who can pull off a heart of gold, to-die-for bone structure, fine taste, and an appointment to the Board of Visitors of the Duke Engineering School.
7) Rehearsal dinner speeches that begin not with a groom’s roast, but rather a grateful acknowledgement of the powerhouse wedding coordinator Cay Lemon and the photographer.
8) Cay Lemon is a red-headed dynamo with superb managerial skills and a soothing demeanor–meaning, she carried out her job duties to the letter, while still keeping the vibe relaxed and celebratory. Not an easy job. I was so struck by Cay’s uniqueness, that I even did an impromptu, mini photo shoot with her! (Images to come!)
9) The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. The groom, groom’s father, and groom’s three sons all exhibit a strong patrilineal trait: being ladies’ men. These guys exude irrepressible, make-you-weak-in-the-knees, epic charm.
10) Wedding-photographer referrals! Alyssa and Brett came to me based on the recommendation of my previous clients, the delightful Keisha and Troy.
Officiant: Reverend Peadar Dalton with Your Ceremony Matters | Designer: Julie Stevens with Julie Stevens Design | Hair & Makeup: Betten Chaston with Betten Make-Up & Hair | Lighting: BluePrint Studios & Got Light
Moreover, the fine folks at Junebug selected one of my images–of Joan and Lawrence‘s once-in-a-lifetime day at the Ritz Carlton in Half Moon Bay–to represent its San Francisco Wedding Photographers section. I’m thrilled.
I have been anticipating the launch of Junebug Weddings for a long time, and it’s a joy to see the careful cultivation and hard labor of a group of committed entrepreneurs comes to pass.
Congratulations, Junebug Weddings. Thank you for your exceptional contribution to the wedding-photography industry and your support for my studios work!
When I first met Alyssa and Brett I must say I was a bit taken aback. Alyssa looked stunning like she had just stepped off the runway. Together Brett and Alyssa make an incredibly handsome and sexy couple. I was excited to work with them because In 2008, photographing the wedding of their good friends Keisha & Troy still stands out as one of my favorite weddings. Their guests were a lot of fun so I knew I was in for a treat. I was very excited for the engagement shoot and really enjoyed working with this wonderful couple.
Enjoy the session slideshow.
Thank you Cay Lemon for coordinating the shoot. You are awesome!
I am very excited for their wedding! Stay tuned for an interesting post; all of their guests are wearing white!
I am still in awe over Darren & Tiffany’s amazing wedding. It was such a breathtaking day that I regularly reminisce over their unique and special celebration. Darren and Tiffany collaborated with their phenominal event coordinator, Jean Marks to create an unforgettable event where every detail was perfect. The love and kindness of this beautiful couple will always make me smile.
Thank you to all the awesome contributing vendors:
Wedding Coordinator: Jean Marks | Venue: Kohl Mansion | Florist: Stephanie Foster with Church Street Florist | Cake: BethAnn Goldberg with Studio Cake | Caterer: Ethan Mantle with Componere | DJ: Matthew Cope with Sound in Motion | Hair: Karen Nalvarian with Shawn Cavian Beauty Company | Makeup: Nellie Muganda with Neja Cosmetics | Enhanced Lighting: John Woods with Enhanced Lighting